Great job on the backsquats yesterday - there were some big numbers put up (Liza posted video of Joey's pinktastical 435# squat on Facebook).
More importantly, people stayed tight with their form. Today, we will be testing on the shoulder press. One of the common things that people do with this one is to arch their back to get the weight up. Remember to keep your core engaged and tight, and keep your shoulders in one line over your hips. Remember to keep track of your numbers this week - since we will be using percentages in the upcoming weeks. Good luck today!
We have a number of events coming up that I just want to repost now that the madness of the Open is over:
- Saturday, May 18 - CrossFit Prevail (in McHenry) is holding a partner WOD fundraiser for a CrossFitter in the area with cancer - a flyer will be up shortly
- Sunday, May 19 - Wellness Place 5k. Entry fee is $30. We have a team set up "CrossFit Enclave"- the link is here if you'd like to join us: 5k Registration
- Fri/Sat/Sun- May 31, June 1, June 2 - CrossFit Games North Central Regionals at Navy Pier
- Sunday, June 9 - St. Charles Dragon boat race - a note to finalize details/participants will be sent out today. This is an all day event and entry fee is $22. If you have questions, let Jimball know. CrossFit Roselle will also be participating.
- We have a multi-gym WOD in the works as well and will send out details as soon as they are finalized.
“There is a saying in Tibetan, 'Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.' No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that's our real disaster." - Dalai Lama
1 RM Shoulder Press
5 rounds for time of:
- 10 DB Snatches (5 each arm)
- 10 Hand Release Push-ups
- 10 Ring Rows
Posted on Tue, April 16, 2013