LOVE this workout!!!
A couple of tips to consider on this workout:
Pace yourself - if you start out too hot - it'll catch up to you quickly. This is the same weight as "Grace", but you'll potentially be doing much more volume than 30 reps.
Grip will become an issue as you progress - hook grip your clean to save your forearms as much as you can
You'll likely want to touch 'n go the first few rounds just for speed, but figure out at which point you are going to start dropping the bar from overhead, is it going to be in the round of 6,9,12?
7 minutes is not a whole lot of time, keep moving - hop on the bar and pick up the bar with as little rest as you need. The time will go very quickly.
Check out Mobility WOD to see what they post - will try to share on Facebook as soon as I see it.
Here's a link to an efficiency video on TTB with Chris Spealler and Matt Chan: TTB Efficiency Be sure to see the full range of motion on this movement below.
All of the full movement standards that we'll be looking for are also below.
As a complete aside, another tip: never, ever, ever eat a pregnant woman's ice cream without replacing it so that she didn't know you ate it in the first place.
"The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury." - Marcus Aurelius
Warm-up and mobilize
Complete as many reps as possible in 7 minutes following the rep scheme below:
3 Clean and jerks (135,95) (Master 55+: 115/65)
6 Clean and jerk
9 Clean and jerk
12 Clean and jerk
15 Clean and jerk
18Clean and jerk
This is a timed workout. If you complete the round of 18, go on to 21. If you complete 21, go on to 24, etc.
Please be sure to watch the entire workout instruction video (above) for full details.
This workout begins from the standing position with the barbell on the floor and the Athlete standing tall. Every rep counts in this workout. You will enter your score as the total number of reps.
- The barbell begins on the ground. Touch and go is permitted. No bouncing.
- The barbell must make contact with the shoulders, such that the lift is in two distinct phases, the clean, and then the jerk. Snatching is not permitted.
- A shoulder press, push press, push jerk or split jerk may be used, as long as the elbow, shoulder, hips and knees are fully extended, and the bar finishes directly over the body with the feet in line. If the jerk is missed but brought back to the front rack, the Athlete may re-attempt the jerk from there without taking the barbell back to the floor.
- In the toes-to-bar, the Athlete must go from a full hang to having the toes touch the pull-up bar. Both feet must be in contact with the bar at the same time, inside the hands.In the toes-to-bar, the Athlete must go from a full hang to having the toes touch the pull-up bar. Both feet must be in contact with the bar at the same time, inside the hands.
- The arms and hips must be fully extended at the bottom and the feet must be brought back behind the bar and behind the body.The arms and hips must be fully extended at the bottom and the feet must be brought back behind the bar and behind the body.The arms and hips must be fully extended at the bottom and the feet must be brought back behind the bar and behind the body.
Posted on Thu, March 28, 2013