Hope everyone had a great weekend!! This is the last week of the Clean Eating Challenge. Keep up the great work - some of the changes that have taken place in the past 3 weeks are already visible. We'll be completing the benchmark WOD again on Monday, March 5. Finish strong and keep up the great work!!
"Shake the hand that feeds you" - Michael Pollan
There are a couple of things/reminders that we wanted everyone to keep in mind:
- The CrossFit Open starts in 10 days!!!! Remember to sign up for it you haven't already. Starting NEXT week, we'll be mixing things up a bit. The OPEN Workouts will be done on Thursday and the rest/make up day will be on Wednesday. Based on past experience, the best scenario is to do these workouts only 1 time. However, often times, we found that we could better our score if we re-perform the workout and we'll be doing that on Sunday (which is the last day scores can be submitted each week) if necessary/desired. As such, for Open participants, we'll schedule a make-up time on Sunday if you want to get a second chance at it. The Wedsnesday rest day/make up day will be in effect for the 5 weeks during the Open only. We'll return to Thursday rest/make up after the last week of the Open.
- Be on time to class!! We are typically there 10-15 minutes before class time so that you have extra time to warm up / stretch/ work on a few things. The warmup is necessary and required in order for you to progress as well as get your body warm - habitually coming late to class, not getting a proper warm up will open you up to injury which nobody wants. Please also respect the schedule that is in place. Each class ends 1 hour after it begins, so all post-WOD activities need to be wrapped up by then as well.
- There is now a men's and women's spray deodorant in the bathroom for those who need/want to 'freshen up' before and/or after the WOD. We are working hard and getting our sweat on, so please make sure not to offend your fellow crossfitter's!
- Remember to bring your own water bottle to class. The orange cups are not meant to be brought into the gym.
- If you are on Facebook and not currently part of the Enclave Group, please let us know. We will add you - we do sometimes make announcements, provide links to articles, recipes, etc here. We want to make sure everyone is getting all of the information.
- Lastly, the journals that Sharon has designed for us will be in this week. We are not requiring that anyone purchase them, but it will be a good idea to grab one so that you are recording your workouts and know where your strength numbers are. The cost is $6, which is the cost to have them published/bound. After the Open is over, we will be working on a strength cycle, testing 1 rep maxes, etc., so it is imperative for you to have this information recorded and be able to track your gains.
- As always, let one of the coaches know if you have any questions / issues!!!!!
Enjoy today's workout.
EMOM for 10 minutes, 3 power snatches - weight used should feel light - the focus of this will be on technique
2012 CrossFit Open 12.4
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 12 minutes of:
150 Wall balls (20/14lbs to 10'/9' target)
(Masters Men/Women RX is 20/10 to both 9' targets).
You can also choose to complete the "Karen" portion (150 wallballs) of today's WOD. Other scaling options will be posted at the gym -
The full movement standards are outlined in this link: CrossFit 12.4 Workout. It will also be posted on the board.
Here's also a video from the MWod that gives some tips for tackling this WOD as well. MWOD 12.4.
The "Karen" portion, will obviously be quad dominant - you will probably feel very sore for a few days after and will of course depend on the scaling / pace you use as well. If part of your job requires you to chase after bad guys at work on Tuesday, you might want to consider using a lighter weight ball, pacing yourself a bit more - this is a quad burner and you will feel it tomorrow.
Posted on Mon, February 25, 2013