Hey all - wanted to communicate a few things regarding the RX+ class on Saturday mornings.
We've been getting some questions and just want to make sure that we are communicating a consistent 'checklist' of sorts. If you can answer yes to all of them, you are good to go to attend. These list items are really just a matter of safety for yourself, and those around you.
- You RX the majority of workouts during the week. When you don't RX, you properly scale or modify the workout to ensure that your form looks good and that you are being safe. In other words, you don't go for the RX weight out of ego and sacrifice form.
- You are proficient at the olympic lifts. This does NOT mean that you have to be able to lift a house, however, ask yourself if you can perform the lifts with great form without needing a coach to cue you for safety. These lifts are difficult - we get it. This is why we stress that you keep the weights low until you can perform them well. It's another reason why they are in the programming every single week.
- You are working out with us at least 3 times per week. The RX+ is an unsupervised class. Yes, we are there, but we are are also working out. You may hear one of us helping to coach someone, but they are minor adjustments. We always do some sort of oly lifting every Saturday. If you are not coming in very regularly, you probably shouldn't be trying to do some of the movements without supervision, for now.
- You need to be able to handle the workload. Anyone that comes in on a Saturday has seen the volume of work the group gets through in an hour - we are spent at the end of it. The volume is very high and the weight is also relatively heavy. If you need to modify or scale a good amount of the movements, the class is not for you, for now.
- You are registered for the 2014 CF Open.
If you have never been to an RX+ class, please talk to a coach about it prior to atending. We will discuss whether it is right for you at that time to ensure that you can attend safely.
- The class is capped at 14 for safety.
- Doors open at 8am so that you can warm up on your own prior to 8:30. Do not arrive at 8:29 - be there by no later than 8:15
- This is not a 'convenience' class because it works with your schedule
As an aside - If you are not able to make it to a class that you are registered for - be sure to un-RSVP - and not at the last minute. This is a courtesy to those running the class as well as to those who you workout with - if the class caps out - you are taking a spot that someone else might have.
Last, but not least, the 2014 Open begins on February 27. Get yourself registered - even if you don't use RX weight for most workouts. This is the one time of year you can compare yourself to thousands of athletes around the world. The workouts aways begin more scaleable at the beginning of the workout itself as as well over the course of the 5 weeks.
Please let us know if you have any questions!
"Every day is a gift - even if it sucks." - Sherry Hochman
5 x 500M Row
3 x ME Pullups (CTB RX+)
Posted on Mon, February 10, 2014